Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our Hike

This week our family was on spring break from school and work. We decided to take a quick trip away to my sisters house. We went there on Wednesday. The boys did all the things that they love to do there that afternoon. Meanwhile, I helped Lana switch Grace's clothes from 0-3 months to 3-6 months. We went grocery shopping and made dinner.


Thursday morning, after breakfast, Lana asked what we wanted to do that day. The day before she had mentioned a hiking trail. The day looked beautiful, so we decided that was a good idea.


The trail is not far from their house. It is in a wooded area, but you are not so far away that you have to allow for lots of travel time. The trail was rated as moderate, so I wondered how the boys would do on this, but they LOVED it!

I got a picture of Lana and Grace. This is Grace's first official hike!

The boys took a quick rest on a rock.

The view was beautiful!


They had a nice creek along the trail. We saw a couple of waterfalls, and...



The boys took time to play in the water a little.

It was fun to go on the short get away. The hike was a fun adventure. I have a feeling we will be going back!




3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you all came out. I am also so glad that the weather was nice enough for us to go out and get some fresh air. We need to hike again, and maybe this time we will do the whole trail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lana that we need to try that when were down there. But then I don't know really how long it is. Looks like the grandchildren are enjoying themselves. Hopefully no snakes on that trail? Mamaw Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Austin's pose on the rock. He is really good at posing for the camera :) We'll have to do that hike when I come down sometime - it looks like fun!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete