Friday, July 1, 2011

Catching Up

We have had a lot going on here, I thought I would try to take a minute to catch up on some of the things we have been doing.

Last Monday, we started to have our hardwood floors done. We moved in with my parents for a week, while the work was being done. Monday, the 20th, was also Austin's 10th birthday! We have a tradition that on their birthday's the boys can choose what to eat for a meal. Austin wanted breakfast for lunch. So I made scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and fruit for lunch (I have to say, it was a good choice!)

Mike took the boys to the mall and let them do....

This bouncy ride.

They have seen this at the mall where my sister lives, but they have never done it. They were pretty excited that they finally got to do this!

I mentioned in a prior post that Austin made his own birthday cake this year. It was chocolate cake, with chocolate icing, with sprinkles and chocolate chips. Sounds like something a 10 year old would like, right?

Mamaw's birthday was the next day, so instead of having 2 cakes, she celebrated with Austin's cake. I think she will make a cake she enjoys in July :)

The week were at my parents house, we went cherry picking. The boys loved it! I didn't expect them to, but they surprised me! Even more, Austin wanted to help pit the cherries, and he enjoyed that as well!


The floors were finished on Thursday, so Friday we came and opened windows grabbed a few things and went camping for the weekend. We had a wonderful time playing in the creek, swimming and swinging on the mountain swing.


When we came home we were ready to get our house in order. It will be nice to have things back in their place. It was hard not being home for week while the floors were being done, but I am sure that I will say it was all worth it--once everything is back in it's place.

3 comments:

  1. It was worth it...the floors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to see a picture of the floors!! :)

    By the way, did you ever get Blurb figured out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take some pictures of the floors. I have to say, I love how easy they are to clean!!

    No, I did not figure out blurb. I had gotten to a certain point and decided to stop for the night. The next day everything I had saved was gone! I also had trouble getting the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen. So, I e-mailed support and asked what was going on. They never contacted me back. However, they did want me to fill out a survey, butonly if I had positive things to say! I decided to go with blog2print and have been very pleased.

    ReplyDelete