Sunday, July 24, 2011

8 Years

8 years ago, on July 25th...

~It had been a very normal, hot July day!

~We had hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for supper. (We had that frequently at the end of my pregnancy. I was too tired to think of any other meal!)

~My friend, who was going to be in the delivery room with my, called me on her way home from work. I told her, "Only 3 contractions all day. Not today!"

~We went to Mamaw and Papaw's. I began to get frustrated at the "Braxton Hicks" I was having.

~Went to Wal-Mart, on the way to the car, I had to stop and grab a post during one of my "Braxton Hicks."

~About an hour and a half later I decided since these silly "Braxton Hicks" were coming 2 minutes apart, maybe I should get them checked out.

~I could not contact anyone. My friend was not answering her phone, Mom was in the garage and could not hear their phone, the mid-wives office did not transfer their phones. We finally got ahold of Mom, took Austin to the hospital with us and she met us there. I finally got ahold of my friend, all I had to say was, "GET HERE NOW!" (she didn't want to miss it, but I was already at 9cm!)

~My mid-wife was at a movie, when they finally paged her STAT! she came--with only about 20 minutes to spare.

~Adam joined our family only 50 minutes after going to the hospital.

Not to be outdone, Adam wanted to make his own birthday cake, just like Austin. It has been really hot here, so we decided to do a NO bake cake.


It is ice cream sandwiches, with a pudding type filling, and cool whip on top.


We had to add M&M's to make it colorful! I think it is beautiful!

Happy Birthday, Adam! You are a sweet boy, a creative thinker, and always keep me on my toes. You add so much fun to our family. I feel so blessed to have you as a son!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Happy Birthday Adam!!!! We also are blessed to have you as a GRANDson and also Austin. We love you both! Your cake was delicious!!!
    About the hospital experience, well my friend worked in the nursery and when she saw Amy come in she said, "I won't be able to clean him up". But Adam surprised her and was born during her shift yet and she did get to give him his first bath and took a picture of him and delivered the picture to me at about 12:30 am on her way home. I was still up and half scared to answer the door, but what a great surprise. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Adam! Your cake looks yummy. Too bad Grace and I missed having a piece of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday Adam! I enjoy knowing you through
    Sunday School and Piano lessons. You are a fine young man.
    Diane Burkholder

    ReplyDelete