Sunday, July 3, 2011

Austin's Camp

Austin went to 1/2 week camp last week. Friday we went to pick him up and see a program about what they got to do.


One of the first parts was meeting Grandpa Ed.He was the fireside speaker. He told stories of animals and related them to Bible stories. It seemed like the kids were really able to relate to him.


Austin was in Hickory cabin. After I dropped him off, I called my sister, who had worked at camp for several years. When she heard this, she said, "Oh, he is in the heat box." Then I realized there really is no shade at that cabin. I bet it did get hot. However, Austin did not complain. I don't think they were in the cabin that much during the day anyhow. Here is Austin with his counselors, Ben and Barrett.


On the way to the car Mike and the boys found this cool caterpillar. They picked up the rock he was on and put it in the car. Awesome pet, right? Well, we ended up stopping at my parents house so we gently put him my one of their bushes. We wish him the best :) (Sorry, Mom, I know you hate caterpillars. We had to give him a chance to get away.)

2 comments:

  1. Actually it is called the "sweat box" but it is a very fun cabin anyway. I am glad that he had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you put him on your bushes. You know how I feel about anything creepy like that. Next time put such pets on your own property or take it to the creek. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete