Friday, June 10, 2011

No Turning Back Now!

Today was the last day of school. I have known that they were having a lot of parties and extras this week.

When we got home from school Adam seemed a bit listless. He even declined when I asked if he wanted to go to the pool. After some time he told me his tummy hurt. I thought, "Well, of course, you have probably eaten more junk in parties today. It's no wonder!" A little while later Austin came to me and told me that Adam had gotten sick.

I went to see what was going on. He had thrown up---on the couch, my shoe, and the carpet.
In the past I would have started working to clean up the carpet right away. Not today! We have the floor man coming the week of June 20 to do our hardwood floors. Mike got a knife and cut the carpet away. That was easy clean up!

Then we decided to see what it looked like underneath. It really is a shame that this beautiful wood was covered by that nasty carpet all those years!


I have a hard time imagining how things are going to look when we decide to change something. I have always liked the idea of hard wood, but could not visualize how it would look or if I would regret it. I don't think I will.


THERE IS NO TURNING BACK NOW!



1 comment:

  1. This sounds familiar...actually it sounds much like how all of our home projects start :) Maybe it is in the Kiser gene somewhere.

    ReplyDelete