Sunday, June 19, 2011

10 Years Ago Today

Ten years ago today:
~ I had just been released of 6 1/2 weeks of complete bed rest (meaning I could ONLY get up to use the bathroom!).

~I thought that once I had my baby, we would be at the end of this long road. Little did I know the road was longer than I thought (at least it was longer than I thought till we were able to bring our baby home).

~I was trying to get the house in order, since I had not done any house cleaning for 6 1/2 weeks. I would wash a few dishes and need to go rest. It really is amazing how tired you get doing the simplest things after such a time of doing nothing!

~I remember Mike called his brother to wish him a Happy Birthday. I was laying on the couch timing contractions and he told his brother it would be a few more days (I laughed inside :)

~I remember Mom had us over for supper to celebrate Lana's birthday. We had enchiladas (YUM)

Today...

I have a fine young man who is interested in baking his own birthday cake.




Austin, you add so much fun to our family. You have very creative ideas, and enjoy learning new things (like cooking). I have been blessed to have you as my son!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Austin! Ten is a great age and you are a great guy. Diane Burkholder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Austin! I hope you have a wonderfully fun day.

    ReplyDelete