Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It All Started With An Idea...

A while ago, my sisters and I were talking. We decided that it was time that we have a new family picture taken. The last one we had done was at my younger sisters wedding almost 3 years ago. Since then, the boys have grown, and we have added Grace to our family. Mom agreed that it would be fine to do that. She said she would contact her friend (the husband of Adam's piano teacher) and see if he would be interested in doing this for us.

Last Thursday I happened to be talking to Lana and she mentioned that they were coming into town for the weekend one reason was the family picture. WHAT?? I had not heard that it was scheduled. We talked about what colors we should wear, who had what shirts, could we share if they didn't look right together, trying to pull together the details over the phone.

Saturday evening came and we went to their house. We had a fantastic photo shoot! Then the boys wanted to go see the sheep they have in a field behind their house. The sheep would not come, but they offered to take the boys up the hill to the pond, and they would give them 4 wheeler rides up on the hill.

We went up the hill and soon my dad had Fotch out on the water. You say who is Fotch? Well, Fotch is a row boat that my dad got and fixed up, painted and now stores it by their pond. They boys each got a boat ride on this special boat.

As they were having their 4 wheeler rides and boat rides Ruel went up to the hanger. Ruel is a pilot for an airline. However, he also has his own hanger, landing strip and a couple of planes. He was at the hanger tinkering with one of the planes. We went up and were talking and then he asked if anyone wanted a plane ride? I think all the boys thought, "Are you kidding, YES!!"



Adam was the first one to have the ride. Diane made sure that he was in and secure. Then...





Off they went! As they went by for take off I looked for him and all I could see was this tiny head looking out the window. They did a nice size loop and came in for a landing.






Adam was so excited when he got off the plane! He came to me and asked, "Mommy did you miss me?" I replied that I knew he would have a great time in the plane, but I always miss him when he is not with me.




Then Austin went. He did the same loop.






I'm just really impressed how mature he looks in this after the plane ride picture.




The cousins went on their rides, then Ruel asked Mike if he would like a ride, since their was a bit of daylight left. I heard that Mike first said no, but soon retracted that and said, "Yea." He hopped right in.






He got several cool pictures while in the air. This is a picture of the pond.





It was such an awesome experience for the boys.





It was an absolutely beautiful evening.




Ruel and Diane go to my church. Sunday morning Ruel was leading singing. As he got up to sing they boys looked at me and said, "He is the best photographer EVER!" and they haven't even seen the pictures yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment