Thursday, June 16, 2011

Floors

We have been working hard, trying to get the floors ready to be done next week. We have ripped up carpet and padding. We have moved some stuff to the basement for storage for a week. The living room is all out of sorts, but that is a minor price to pay for the nice floors that will be coming.

I started pulling carpet in the hallway and found...
I remembered what at this spot. The boys were pretty young, I'd say 1 &3 or 2&4. I had been out somewhere. The boys were under Mike's watchful eye. When I came home I found Mike totally engrossed in some news story and the boys were quietly in the closet getting my food coloring and dripping it on the floor. We were able to get it pretty much out of the carpet, but apparently not out of the padding. Then I found...








It went down to the wood! I really hope that when the floor man comes he can sand it out! If not we have a great story to tell about our green and red spots on the floor.




The boys have been a great help getting the floors ready. They are very excited and eager to help pull up tack stripping (Mike likes this job as well). Which I appreciate since I do not like to do that. I would much rather get staples up!




Austin hard at work.





Adam getting the job done!


(Interesting thing about this picture~ I saw Austin sitting in this exact position the other day, not that that in itself is extraordinary, but while having our walls painted, I noticed that my dad sits that way as well when working close to the floor. They are a bit like their papaw, even how they are positioned while working :)



Thanks boys! I appreciate all the hard work you have done to get the floors ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment