Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh, the fun at our house!

Why is this boy so excited? Let me tell you, he did something he was really proud of! Let me back up a little and tell a bit about what he did.

One day last week, Mike attached a sheet onto a fan. Then he turned the fan on and it made a bubble type dome. The boys climbed under the sheet and had a great time.

Today, Adam recreated it! He was very proud of himself! I guess it is true that your children will copy whatever it is that you do!
**********************************************************
This evening at supper, Austin was talking about what they are learning in Social Studies at school. They are comparing the past to the present. Austin said,"Did you know that in 1991 people did not have electricity, and there were no cars?" So, I had to correct him. "Austin, people did have those things in 1991. Do you mean in the early 1900's?" "Oh, yeah! That is what I mean." Then he continued to talk about how they only had a few stores in town, and they would buy toys like a cup that has a ball attached by a string. Then they would try to get the ball in the cup. Then he said, "I wish I lived in that time." Somehow, I think that would be very short lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment