Sunday, May 1, 2011

Creativity & Construction

Today in church, Austin took a notebook that we had packed in the "church bag" and started to draw. I have to say, Mike and I were very impressed by what he did!


He drew a creature from some game that they play. (that is not the part that impressed us) We were impressed by the way he did shadowing on the creature, and how he drew the shadow on the ground. I was never very good at that type of thing, so the fact that he is doing this so young just blows me away! (I claim that he gets that ability from Mike!)

After lunch, Mike decided that he was going to work on the shelves for the basement. When the boys and I got home he was really working at the shelves.



The boys soon decided that they wanted to work on a project as well.


Austin hammered nails, Adam filed. And then they switched.


Adam made something to hang his clothes on. Mike hung it in his room this afternoon.



Mike made a second shelving unit. I have to say, I love how these shelves are organizing our basement!

All 3 of my boys never cease to amaze me with their creativity and abilities.

1 comment:

  1. Those shelves are great! I also wanted to let you know how much I like your blog look for May -- very, very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete