Saturday, May 14, 2011

All In The Name Of Science

Last Sunday, for Mother's day, Adam gave me some bath salts (with a coupon for a 1 hour bath). I have not had a chance to use the salts yet. (A 1 hour bath does not come that easily when you have so much to do)

This week for homework Adam read a book called Greg's Microscope. He really enjoyed this book. It was about a boy who's Father got him a microscope, however he did not buy the prepared slides. So Greg had to make his own. He took all kinds of items around the house and made slides.

This got the boys to thinking. They decided to get out the microscope that we have. I was trying to clean and they would come asking for salt, a drop or two of mint tea, milk (I gave them dry milk), then they wanted a fly. They were fortunate in that there has been a fly in our house for a few days that has been driving me CRAZY!! Austin needed it for science, he got it! (Thank You Science!) They came out and informed me that they were creating acid. (YIKES). Then Adam came and asked if he could have a little bit of the bath salts that he gave me last Sunday. Of course, I agreed--he could have some. However, when I saw the bag that had the salts later, it was almost empty. I guess they went to science--that is a good cause, right?

1 comment:

  1. Your boys never cease to amaze me! I am sure that there is a surprise around every corner in your house...and all in the name of science.

    ReplyDelete