Thursday, May 19, 2011

All City Strings Festival

Yesterday Austin was able to participate in the All City Strings Festival. They had students from all 5 Elementary Schools, 2 Middle Schools, and 1 High School. The students got together after school and practiced some songs.


They had several fiddle songs, so their teachers gave them bandannas to wear for the program--to make them look more country.

The songs were really beautiful! I was very impressed what the group sounded like.

I am so very proud of the progress that Austin has made in violin this year. In October when he started he knew nothing! Now he is playing in programs like this!

(Note: I have a new to me camera. I was trying to change something on the camera and it went to video. I was happy that I could get stills again. However, as a result of me messing with the camera, the pictures did not turn out great. At least we have something to remember the night.)

1 comment:

  1. Well, now I wish I had seen the video! It looks like the kids had a lot of fun. Oh, Amy, love, love, love the hats! Dick would be so pleased!

    love,
    sue

    ReplyDelete