Thursday, December 2, 2010

Adam's Field Trip

Yesterday Adam's grade level went on a field trip to the Frontier Culture Museum. The parents did not have to pack lunches for the children-it was provided (I love days like this!) When I went to get him from school, I was so eager to hear about this trip. He came out of the school and we had the following conversation.

Me: "How was your trip today?"

Adam: "Oh, it was great! Guess What!?! I was the only kid in my class to drink Mello Yello for lunch!"

Me: "Okay, What else. Tell me about he houses, the people you talked too, the animals..."

Adam: "Oh, yea. We fed the hens cat food and threw grass in for the pigs to eat. But, can you believe I was the only one to drink Mello Yello?

Me :*sigh*

Later, we were driving home from play practice at church. I was explaining to the boys that when we got home it was time to get into pajamas and brush teeth, they were headed straight to bed. Adam informed me, "I had Mello Yello for lunch I have lots of energy, I think I can stay up for a while." To which I replied, "No, that has worn off and you will be going to bed." (I saw him yawning at practice. And I am sure he was asleep within minutes of the light going out!)

After thinking about it, I remembered that when Austin went on this trip he came home only talking about chamber pots. At least that is history related, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment