Sunday, December 19, 2010

Austin's Tooth Saga...

Austin has had a loose tooth. This is not his first loose tooth. For some reason, he was very uneasy about loosing this tooth. I would suggest, let's try this, or let's try that. He did not care for any of my suggestions. I figured, at some point the tooth will fall out, and that will be that.

Last evening, we were brushing his teeth (I was making suggestions of how we could get this tooth out). As we were brushing something touched his tooth just the right way, and *POOF* it was out! Austin was excited, and I was relieved.

Austin decided to write the "Tooth Fairy" a note and tell her about this adventure. The note is a follows:


As he was writing the note I started to think-"Oh, the The Tooth Fairy should probably respond. What will that note say? I think I have the right amount of money. If I don't will I have to call the neighbors to see if they can break a 5? Should I have them write the note so that Austin won't recognize my handwriting?..." Honestly, I think he knows it is me, but we still have fun with it.

After he finally fell asleep I sat down and wrote the following:


Austin found the note at 5:30 this morning. He came to my bedside and said, "listen to this note..." and proceeded to read it to me. At that point I really did wonder why I wrote so m things down, I just wanted to go back to sleep!

Austin has his 2 front teeth, but now he is missing the tooth on both sides.

He has become very fond of a had that Mike got him. It is the kind of hat that Elmer Fudd wears.


Austin and I have jokingly said that his name should be changed to Elmer Bunny (1/2 Elmer Fudd, 1/2 Bugs Bunny)

After Austin lost his tooth, I was tucking the boys in bed. Adam mentions to me that he "is bored and would love to have a tooth to wiggle" I reassured him that he has plenty more teeth to loose and I'm sure one would be wiggly before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment