Friday, December 10, 2010

Spirit Day

Austin came home from school, earlier this week, very excited about spirit day. I remembered as a child we would have spirit week: Hat Day, This Day and That Day-fun days! Austin explained to me that it was a blue and white day. (those are the school colors for the High School) Then it sparked a vague recollection. First I will say that I am not a sports fan! However, I did hear somewhere that the High School was playing in some big game this weekend.

I went on a search for blue and white. Austin did not have anything! Then he told me that he could wear a Blue Streaks shirt. Well, that is fine, however, I did not have a blue streaks shirt for them, and I was not about to buy one.

Then I got creative! I was folding laundry on Wednesday, and saw a plain white t-shirt. The wheels in my mind started moving. White T-shirt, blue sharpie, Mike's art minor! I think I have it!


Mike took the school logo and put it on the front of 2 shirts.

On the back they wrote: GO BLUE STREAKS! Austin wrote his own, Mike did Adam's.

It made me very happy to see my boys so eager to support the Streaks, as I was a Streak in High School.

I'm sure no one else has a shirt just like theirs, I am anxious to hear the comments they had today on their shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment