Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another Use For Bedsheets

I had a problem!

We have a huge Maple tree in our back yard. I have raked the leaves, then the boys would play in them. In the end you couldn't tell that I raked them. We do have the service where the city comes and vacuums the leaves into a big truck, but they have to be by the curb (which is in front of the house!), we had talked about mowing over all the leaves (but we just recently put all the bikes in the shed-with the mower-it would be quite the pain to do that). It really was quite the conundrum!

I decided yesterday I was going to rake it, fill trash cans with leaves and walk them to the curb. I started this, and the boys came home from school, so they started to help me. Mike soon came out with a bedsheet! Once I realized what he was doing my thought was --BRILLIANT!



I would help Mike and Austin fill the bedsheet with leaves and they would carry it to the road. While they did this, I pulled the piles back together. It worked great!

It was very cute, the sheet would be filled and and they would be pulling the corners up I would hear one or the other say, "this is a lot" or "this load is big." I think a comment was made almost every time!

I love how Mike can see a use for something that I never would have imagined. It certainly keeps thing interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Earlier this month you wrote blogs about how your children think differently than you, and how they make things out of items that you would not consider. Now you know where they got it from...their daddy!

    ReplyDelete