Saturday, October 24, 2009

What a wonderful week!!

We had family in this past week. My mom's brothers and sisters came from Canada. We had a relaxing week, mixed in with some sites they might want to see in our area. I tried to get some pictures to capture some of the fun we had.


Sunday, Adam put on my Uncle Peter's boots....backwards!

This picture makes me laugh!



In August, Austin drew a picture of my Uncle Peter. I had to put in a picture of what he really looks like.


On Wednesday, we had dinner at the time share that some of them were staying at. They had some moldy bread for the boys to feed to the ducks.


They, also, had a wonderful Jacuzzi tub. They boys had a great time! There was water everywhere when they were done. Carol and I had to laugh when we saw this picture. We stared to quote mom's favorite Shel Silverstein poem:
Crowded Tub
There's too many kids in this tub.
There's too many elbows to scrub.
I just washed a behind
That I'm sure was not mine,
There's too many kids in this tub.

There were mirrors on 3 sides of the tub. The boys say this picture looks like a roller coaster. I like how it goes on and on and on....


We played A LOT of card games. I learned several new ones. They apparently played so hard one night that mom rubbed the skin off her elbows. I think she thought it was well worth it!

Here is a picture of everyone. From the left: Bernice, Peter (brother to mom), Dad (in back), Mom, Anne (sister to mom), Helen(sister to mom), Betty, and Ben (brother to mom).


One day Mom and Dad took then on the ski lifts at our local ski resort. They got to see the beautiful fall foliage. Anne and Helen did not go to the top, but here is everyone else.

We really enjoyed having everyone here! It was a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Peter sure looks like Mom on that picture. That was a great week. Never had I ever thought that 5 of us siblings would be together here in Va. God is good! My prayers were answered that we could be together and that the extended families would be kept out of harms way so we could have a good week. Betty

    ReplyDelete