Thursday, October 15, 2009

The happenings at school

This morning, as the boys were getting ready for school, we hit a bit of a snag that we needed to work out. Adam was a bit upset because he wanted to walk to his classroom "all by himself!" Up to this point Austin has been walking with him. I think this is justified on Adam's part, he is growing up and wants this independence. Plus, Austin was doing this by himself when he was Adam's age. However, sometimes (not often) there is a sub in Adam's room that brings a dummy to school. So, Austin likes to go to see if he is there, so he can see the dummy. Both boys were in tears this morning because they felt so passionately about this. In the end we decided that if Mike saw the sub at lunch time, he would ask him if Austin could come down after school to see the Dummy, and Adam gets his independence. Both boys were happy.

This week at school is eat lunch with your child week. I saw a mom there and we started talking. Her daughter is in class with Austin. I told her a few weeks ago that her daughter told me that Austin liked her. She said that she had been hearing the same thing at home. I said, "it's funny because I hear nothing of this." I'm not sure what makes the criteria for "liking" but I hope he likes everyone in his class. Besides, I think girls are much more verbal about these things than boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment