Monday, October 26, 2009

forgetful

I am having new experiences with the boys this year. They are being very forgetful!

Austin is in 2nd grade, and is starting to have more homework. Very often, he will forget to bring it home. I have started checking his backpack as soon as he comes out of the door of the school. Then, we usually proceed around to the side doors of the school and go BACK to his classroom to get his homework. On the days Mike brings him home, it is not unheard of us hopping in the car and going back!

I thought this problem was contained to Austin, but today I thought it might be showing in Adam as well. Today, I went to get the boys from school. Adam came out talking about his heavy backpack, and how he has 2 pumpkins for me to make a pie. I thought he might be making up a story, so I checked his backpack and sure enough there were 2 pumpkins in there! I asked, "where did you get those pumpkins?" He replied, "from the man at the pumpkin place." "WHAT!!!??" I had no idea there was a field trip today. I went and found his teacher, apologized for not sending in money and, more so, that I didn't send him a lunch! He said, "I asked Adam if he had his money and he said no, then I asked if he had a lunch and he said no, I said to myself, 'Mom doesn't know about this field trip'"

Tell me, how does a child lose 2 notices about field trips? How is it he can contain his excitement, and not talk about it before hand? How long until little boys start to remember these types of things??

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a "boy thing" to be forgetful, mine gets distracted so easily by any other thing. I also have returned to school to retrieve homework, and have found communication notes stuffed into a bottom corner of his backpack. Boys keep us moms on our toes!! How cute that Adam wanted a pumpkin pie! Have you made it yet?? --Karen

    ReplyDelete