Friday, October 30, 2009

Family picture

A little over a month ago, Mike and I were talking and he said that for his next book he would like to have a family picture for the "author's picture." Mike has finished 2 children's books and they are at the publishers waiting to be printed. He has a contract for the 3rd, we just need to finish it. For Tyler and Blaze, Mike just had a picture of himself. But, he decided for Hugo, it would be nice to have a picture of the whole family.

I talked to several people about having the picture done, but in the end decided to have Matt do the picture. Luckily, we were going to their house only a week or so later.

Matt, took LOTS of pictures. This is the one we liked the best.


However, Lana and I thought the color may be off just a bit. So, I worked with it a little and came up with...


the black and white. I really like this! But, it bothered me that it looked like I had a "death grip" on Adam. Then I thought, maybe I can fix that too. So, I played with it a little more and came up with...


a cropped picture of the family. I have to say I like this one the best!

It bothered me at first that my hair was blowing in the breeze, but have decided that this is my life! Austin has a bit of a goofy smile, and Adam's looks a bit mischievous, my hair is blowing on end, but at our house you will find goofiness, mischievousness, and my hair will be on end!

This is the one to go into Hugo. Welcome to the Wampole's World!

1 comment:

  1. Great job with editing that picture! I was just thinking today about writing a post about photo editing...not that I know that much about it, but I'm having fun experimenting. :) It's AMAZING how much a picture can be changed with some simple editing.

    I'm so glad you got a picture you like!

    ReplyDelete