Friday, July 6, 2012

Austin's Week At Camp

This past week Austin was at camp.  This was the first year that he went for a full week.  To be totally honest, this was the first time he ever spent a full week away from me.

The week was in the 90's for the most part.  It was HOT and they do not have air conditioning at camp.  I thought of them often, but throughout the week I would read on the computer what they were doing and found that they had extra pool time, and found different ways to cool off.

One comment that Austin made that I thought was cute, and wanted to make sure to remember, he said, "lunch was my least favorite meal."  I thought that was funny, because they always have good food at camp.  So, I asked, "why?"  He told me, "I like making the meals over the fire, for lunch the kitchen staff makes it and serves it to you."  I found that to be an interesting way of looking at the meals that they had. (When I was a camper I was so hungry by lunch, I was just glad to have a plate of food to eat!  Austin on the other hand thought of the preparation style.)

Austin was blessed to have 2 wonderful counselors.  Ben, he had last year as one of his counselors.  Benson was new to camp this year, but he seemed great as well.  From what they told me when I picked him up, I could tell that they were able to see Austin's wonderful personality, and they fully enjoyed this wonderful young man of mine.


 I got a picture of Austin and who was left in his cabin.  Some of his other cabin mates had already left.  The friend that Austin went with had to leaver Thursday night, so Bryse is not in the picture.  However, we were able to capture some of his NEW friends.


And, of course, one picture of just Austin and his counselors.  Ben is on the left, Benson is on the right.  Thanks to these guys for the wonderful week Austin had.  We appreciate you taking over the parenting role and keeping him safe, yet playing the friend role and having fun with him.

He is looking forward to next year already!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a good week, Austin. Camp is a special time that you will remember for a long time. Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete