Wednesday, July 25, 2012

9

Adam turns 9 today!

I told Adam this morning that it was his special day, so he could tell me what he wanted to have for supper.  His menu consisted of Ravioli with white sauce, peaches that are diced and sweetened, and cake (we did make a compromise and added a vegetable).

Adam took a piece of paper and made the menu, then continued to write.  When he showed me the paper, he had a drawing on it.  I asked what that drawing was, he replied "it's a blueprint of the cake"  Talk about overwhelming.  I had to follow a blueprint for this 9 year old's birthday cake!

Adam wanted to do most of the work himself.


He diced the peaches, and made the cake


The cake split, but was still delicious.  The boys decided it should be called the BFG  (Big Friendly Giant), the other option was chocolate explosion.  Either name makes me smile  :)


Then I got a fun picture of Adam in the for that Mike built.

It's funny to think that right now it is 5:55pm.  9 years ago at this time I had NO idea Adam would join our family on 7/25!

Adam, you are a fun, sweet boy.  You are always thinking and coming up with new ideas.  You ask really thought provoking questions and stretch me (in good ways).  I am so glad that you are in our family and feel blessed that I get to be your mother!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Adam! It makes me smile to see how kind and living you are when playing with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake reminds me of the "earthquake cake" that we had at the beach one year. Do you remember that? Sometimes the foods that aren't the prettiest taste the best! Happy Birthday Adam!!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete