Friday, March 4, 2011

There's Always A Surprise...

...when Adam comes home from piano lessons.

Several weeks ago the boys came home with a story about lambs in the basement. How they got to hold and pet the soft baby lambs.

Last week, Adam came home with a great story. Apparently, the electricity went out part way through the lesson. Adam said they were burning candles in hopes that it would give him enough light to play by. It didn't work that well. So, they moved to the "store" so Adam could spend some of his points. I have been told that they were shining a key chain flashlight so that Adam could try to find what he wanted to buy. That was an exciting day!

Naturally, with all these exciting things happening at piano, yesterday when they walked in the door I asked, "What happened at piano today?" Adam was so very proud to have bought a brand new...



LUNCHBOX with his points. He was eager to show me all of the wonderful features of this treasure.

Not only is this a lunch box, but it is also a lunch box with a ...




SANDWICH BOX that goes in the SANDWICH COMPARTMENT!! Does it get any better than that?? Adam was very happy to have his lunch packed in this today!

On a side note, I think Adam really did enjoy the lesson where the electricity went out. The reason I think this is due to the fact that Mike told me Adam asked to have the lights turned out so he could play a song in the dark.

What could be the surprise next week?

2 comments:

  1. Amy, your post made me smile.
    Adam played his memory song without his music AND with the lights off !!! Great guy !
    -Diane, piano teacher:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment didn't take so I will do it over again. Adam, that is a nice look lunch bag. I'm sure you will enjoy packing your lunch each day. Also if you think of it we would like to see it, if you could bring it over some time. Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete