Monday, February 21, 2011

Science Rules!

My boys have become fond of Bill Nye the Science Guy. I'm not sure where they see this show, but I have to admit, the times I have seen it, it is pretty interesting.

Yesterday, before church, Austin started to ask for various things. When I questioned him a little more, I found out that he wanted to do an experiment that he had seen on the show. He needed a battery, 2 paperclips, and a light bulb. I found the battery and the paperclips. Then Mike and I discovered we had some little light bulbs that we were going to get rid of. We decided a science experiment would be great for the them. The boys and Mike put the supplies together.

Then they touched the wires at the right place and...

the light bulb was glowing!

The boys would do this and say, "Science Rules!" But, at one time we had to take it from Adam because the held the light on so long the battery started to get warm.
Austin thought it would be great to have these in our bedrooms in case we needed to get up at night, then we would be able to see. (I'm thinking there are easier ways to be able to see, but anyhow...)
At lunch I had to tell the boys to stop playing with this and to eat, so Mike took the battery. I found him tinkering with it then. I had to remind him it was lunch time. (oh, my boys!)
The boys enjoyed their science experiment, and I loved seeing them enjoy science.

2 comments:

  1. The things they will teach Grace...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! Will be intesting to see what they come up with next time....Mamaw

    ReplyDelete