Sunday, March 27, 2011

Like Father, Like Son

Once a year, our school has an event with EMU (a local University). We go and set up a silent auction and they set up a fun night for our school. They have informational booths, fun games, and a rock climbing wall (for adults and older students).

I was working with the silent auction, when Mike came up to me and handed me his wallet, phone and other things in his pockets. He said, "Austin and I are going to climb the wall." It didn't hit me until that time, that Austin was now considered an "older student."(meaning you had to be in 3rd or 4th grade). So I left my stand to go watch this event.



Austin got a little ways up, and decided it was time to go down. Mike got up further (far enough to ring the bell at least--maybe about 1/2 way up the wall) and decided he would come down as well.


Austin was very excited that he was able to do this! I think it was a great experience to do this with Dad!

1 comment:

  1. The rock climbing wall is so much fun! I am glad that they were both able to experience it. Next year they will both be pros at it :)

    ReplyDelete