Saturday, March 5, 2011

Breakfast

Last summer the boys did an enrichment program done through our school system. Austin chose to do "Chef in the Making." One of the activities for this program was to paint and decorate a serving tray. Up to this point Austin has been using it in his room to try to organize things.



Wednesday was my birthday. After school on Tuesday, Austin said he had the perfect present for me. He went to his room and got the tray that he had made last summer. He told me he wanted to make me breakfast in bed. I told him that was very sweet but he would have to do this on a weekend. I reminded him that the rest of the week he had to get ready for school, and some days I needed to get ready for work. He agreed, the weekend would be best.

Since he had a few days to think about this, he decided it would be a good idea to write down what I wanted for breakfast.


This morning he was up bright and early. He got Mike up to help him with the temperature of the griddle and cutting the bread.

I could hear them working out in the kitchen.

Then my breakfast was delivered right to me.


He did a good job. It was very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Austin, that was a great thing you did - fixing freakfast for Mommy in bed for her birthday. You are good at fixing eggs. Wow!! Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete