Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 21st

Today is November 21st. At supper, I told Mike that I should do a post on this day. He wondered what happened today that was "blog worthy." It wasn't necessarily today, but things that have happened in the past on this day, that makes it a bit special.

On November 21, 1998 Mike and I had been hanging out some time. Mike had come over to my parents house, I think we watched a movie. My parents had gone to visit my aunt (it was her birthday). Mike was getting ready to leave and he kissed me. It was at that point that we started dating.

Now, we fast forward to November 21st, 2002. I found out that I was pregnant with Adam that day. For supper I fixed meatballs and rice (ironically, the same meal that I fixed when I found out I was pregnant with Austin--I had not made it since). Austin, for some reason, fell asleep right before supper. We let him sleep. I asked Mike if he remembered the last time I made that meal. He didn't. I told him it was when we found out we were going to have Austin. He understood what I was saying. We were both thrilled!

Today, however, nothing that monumental happened.

Although, I was happy to have this very handsome boy help me rake the leaves. (after they were all raked up he couldn't resist--he ran through all the piles and had a great time!)

I, also, had this cute one help me to make a pumpkin log.

November 21st will always be a special day to me. My life changed dramatically on this date in 1998 and 2002. I wouldn't change it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment