Tuesday, November 16, 2010

He Sees Things Differently...

...than me.

Yesterday while we were walking home from school, Adam found what I would call litter. He saw a treasure in it!

His treasure consisted of an empty 2 liter soda bottle, and a pencil. I thought he would carry it home and we would recycle the bottle (and I was going to trash the pencil), as we have done with other "treasures" he has found. But he had a different plan for this bottle. He explained to me that he thought we should put the pencil in the label of the bottle and fill the bottle with water. That way if the house were to catch on fire the pencil would start to burn, and it would melt the plastic, then the water would come out and everything would be fine!

That is some great thinking, Adam. However, we will not put the insurance of our house on a soda bottle filled with water.

Mom stopped by our house and we were explaining this to her. She said, "he is going to create something big one day!"

Then as I was putting him to bed, he said there was one more thing that he needed to check. I had never noticed it before, I don't know when he created this, but...

...he had taken a slinky and attached it to the pull of the blinds in his room. Then he took a flashlight and placed it in the slinky. He did this to create starlight. We do have glow in the dark stars on his ceiling, I'm not sure if he is wanting to charge the stars with this light, or if he is just wanting a little light, that maybe a star would provide.

I love that Adam's mind works totally different than mine. However, I do find that very fact to be totally exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is all I can say...Wow! What a creative kid ;)

    ReplyDelete