Thursday, August 19, 2010

Teachers and Classrooms

We went to meet the boys teachers yesterday. I think it is going to be a good year! I find it interesting that both of my boys have male teachers!

Austin has Mr. Byler. We knew Mr. Byler before this. We used to go to church with Mr. Byler, Mike taught one of his daughters a few years ago, and my dad used to work with him.

When we got to Austin's room, we saw all kinds of excavation pictures on the door. I tried to get a picture of some of them, but the first one would not take clearly.


This looks like the dump truck my dad used to drive.



The verbiage on the door is "Dig Into Third Grade." I thought that was a play on words, especially with excavation.

Austin has a lot of friends from his second grade class in his room. Austin found out that this year they learn cursive and multiplication. That is going to make for a big year!

Adam had Mr. Swartz. I don't know much about him, but have heard very good things from previous students and parents.

Adam went to see his room, and he explored and explored. I think he looked in every nook and cranny in the room. Mr. Swartz said they are going to have a scavenger hunt to become familiar with the room, it should be no problem for Adam.

Adam's best buddy in Kindergarten moved in May. I am very excited for him that he has some nice children (that I know) in his class. I'm sure it won't be hard for him to make new friendships.

We are all looking forward to this school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment