Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Applesauce, Pumpkins, And All

It is summer! This means that it is time to make applesauce!

We started the whole process on Monday. The boys were interested in helping, so I gave them a peeler, and told them to watch their fingers. No skin was lost, but there were peels everywhere! :)Austin working hard at peeling his apple.

Adam only did 1 or 2 apples. But it is a beginning. Next year he may do more!

Then to add to the chaos, I found that one of my pumpkins was ready to be picked.


It was not an overly large pumpkin, but it was a pumpkin from seeds from one we had last fall. I am really surprised we got anything at all.

Austin was the pumpkin photographer from here on:

The boys helped to clean out the inside of the pumpkin.



It is ready to be baked.

Mike came to get the boys to take them to the free movie at the local movie theatre (this helped as we were finishing up the applesauce)



After the movie, Mike took the boys to feed the rest of their popcorn to the ducks at a little park near our house. They really enjoyed this!
Then, they saw a new visitor!

It's a good thing I was not there! I would have screamed and scared it away! The boys enjoyed watching it. I would not see the enjoyment in that, but to each their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment