Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jumping In With Both Feet

Austin ventured out and did something new today!

We went to the pool. I had 5 boys in my care. I had my 2 nephews, but honestly, once we were at the pool I hardly saw them. I had my 2 boys. I, also, had a friend of Austin's, Isaac. Isaac is a good bit taller than Austin. He is tall enough that he can do the pool slides. Austin measures himself every couple of times we are at the pool to see if he is tall enough. He has about 8 inches to grow!

Isaac mentioned to Austin that he wanted to go off the diving board. Austin wanted to try. I was not going to let him do this without me right there! So, I sat on the edge of the pool and watched my little boy jump into 12 1/2 feet of water. He came up and started to swim. the first time it was more of a doggy paddle. Then he did it again, and again.

As Austin got more and more comfortable with jumping, his swimming became more and more graceful. He started to remember his swim strokes from swimming lessons and began using them. I sat on the edge and thought what a fun way for him to practice his swimming.

He really wanted to go back for more jumps, but I didn't feel right pulling Adam out of the pool (again) to do that. Next time Mike will come with me and that will solve that problem.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Austin! It is nice to hear that all the boys are becoming confident swimmers.

    ReplyDelete