Friday, August 13, 2010

A Day at the Lake

Last weekend, we went on our mini vacation.

We have done this for the past couple of years. We go to my sister's house in Roanoke on Friday, Saturday we pack up and head to Smith Mountain Lake.

We got to the lake and I couldn't believe that I had forgotten the camera!! So, all the pictures for this post are thanks to Lana's husband, Matt.


This year, we had a little one with us. Mom, Matt, and Mike made her a mini lake to play in.


Adam loves the sand! That was one of the first things he asked when he found out we were going to Smith Mountain Lake. He was thinking it could have been Riven Rock, which has rocks rather than sand.

They have canoes to rent there. Mike took the boys out on a ride. We, also, rented paddle boats, but there aren't any pictures of that. Mike had just come in when Matt got this picture. It looks like Adam was trying hard to get in on the picture! :)


And we swam!


And sometimes, we just acted like we had been washed ashore.
It was a GREAT day!


On Sunday, we went for a hike on a trail near Matt and Lana's house. This is before!

It is about a 2 mile hike, one way. This is the 3rd time I have been there, but the first time that I actually finished the hike.

The boys did great. Although, Adam did start to get tired. A BIG Thank You to Carol, she gave Adam several piggy back rides, and relieved Mike and me from carrying the extra 40 some pounds.



We finally made it to the top. It was called Buzzards Rock.

Austin on one of the big rocks. He looks like he just conquered some major task!
We took a quick breather and headed back down.
It was a quick weekend, but we all had a wonderful time.

1 comment:

  1. I like your post! I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete