Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Trumpet

Austin is in 6th grade and going to a private school where Mike teaches.  

Several years ago, he tried piano.  He played for over a year.  Then decided to take a break.  Then he did 2 years of violin at his elementary school, but decided not to continue once he changed schools (to the Middle School).  Now he changed schools again, and they require 6th graders to play an instrument.  (In 7th and 8th they highly recommend that the student continues, but it is no long a requirement)  

The first part of this school year the students tried many different instruments to decided which they could like to continue with.  Austin chose the trumpet.

I never thought I could love the sound of any instrument as much as I love the violin.  But, I have to say, the sound of the trumpet is truly growing on me!


They had a Christmas musical at school.  The music was fantastic and Austin looked great up there with his trumpet.

However, I think he looks pretty great anytime (even as he holds his trumpet, having just showered  :) )

Austin is in 6th grade and going to a private school where Mike teaches, he plays the trumpet--and I hope he continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment