Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Discovery in the Stable

I am always amazed by the talents of people.  

This past year (probably around spring or summer) some ladies at our church started looking at Christmas musicals for our children to do in December.  They did not find any that they really liked.  What were they to do??

Well, write their own, of course!
 

 Adam was privileged enough to be a part of this musical.



Adam got to be Joseph. When we got the call that he could choose Joseph (which had about 3 lines) or a Shepherd (which only had 1) Adam immediately said "Joseph!"  I worried.  It is not easy for Adam to memorize things (such as lines for a play.)

However, Adam got up there and did a fantastic job!!  


He spoke clearly and the one line that he did not have a microphone, he spoke loud enough to hear!


He even put emotion into his lines.  At one part a girl tells Joseph that she thinks that Joseph is the nicest guy in the whole world (because he could have left Mary, but he stayed and help to raise Jesus even though it was not his baby)  Joseph replies, "Oh Leah, God is like that.  So kind and forgiving.  Every time I remember what God has done for me it helps me to be kind and forgiving too."  The emotion he put into that line brings tears to my eyes!


He did memorize all of his lines.  I thought I may have to help him, but he did just fine all by himself. 

Even though this is not something that comes easy to Adam, he wanted to do it, and he was a GREAT Joseph.  I am very proud of him.

**Since I was helping with the play I did not get any pictures of my own.  I am so thankful that Matt's mother was willing to share her pictures with me.  Thanks Sue!

2 comments:

  1. Adam was a WONDERFUL Joseph!! I also loved the way he said that line: "Oh Leah, God is like that, so kind and forgiving." Thank you, Adam and Thank you Amy for all the time you gave to the musical. - Merry Christmas, Diane

    ReplyDelete