Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Eagle Singers Concert

I have mentioned before, but will mention again, Adam is in Eagle Singers at his Elementary School.  This past week they had a Christmas Concert. 


Adam is on the far right, middle row.


I truly love his music teacher.  She has SOOO much energy and makes the songs so much fun with movements, and singing songs in foreign languages.  This concert they sang a song in Swahili.  It was a great concert!

Funny story about this evening.  A paper had been sent home that said the children needed to wear their Eagle singers shirt with black pants.  I knew this was going to be a crazy evening, so I was going to pack his clothes so he could change at school (after the after school program).  I went to his closet and pulled out a pair of black pants and his Eagle singer shirt, put it in a bag and it was ready to go.  The evening of the program he put his clothes on and I was so embarrassed, the pants were about 3 inches to short!!  It had apparently been some time since he had worn them!  I tried to convince him to wear his pants low on his hips with a rubber band holding the button closed.  That was a definite NO!  I was slightly relieved when he was not in the front row! 

Lesson Learned:  Always check sizes of clothes, and have the child try them on, if the child will not be wearing the item immediately. 

However, I would not have this silly little story had I not just grabbed and guessed that it fit  :)  (there is always a silver lining--sometimes we just have to hunt for it.)

1 comment:

  1. Amy, this story makes me laugh so much! I can totally relate, because I did something similar a couple weeks ago. It was the afternoon of the SVCC concert, and I left early to take Josiah and David to it, leaving Jeff at home to come later with the rest of the crew. Shav had fallen asleep before he got his clothes changed into his concert attire, but I laid out a pair of khaki pants and a red turtleneck (that Shav had not worn since last year) for Jeff to make sure Shav put on before they left. When I saw them at the concert, I didn't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed--I probably did both! The turtleneck was WAY too little for Shav, and it barely covered his midriff. Plus, the pants were a little too big around the waist, so between the too-short shirt and the too-wide pants, he was having trouble keeping covered around his middle! :) It wouldn't have mattered, except that towards the end of the concert, the children are invited to come up and ring jingle bells, and I knew he was so excited about doing that. Sure enough, when the time came, off he trotted, down the aisle to the front of Lehman Auditorium to stand there and ring bells. I sure hope no one noticed his shirt! :) I made a mental note to do a better job of checking sizes, especially on an item of clothing that hasn't been worn for a year, instead of assuming that it will still fit!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete