Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 2

As Austin gets older there are fewer and fewer milestones that are hit.  However, on December 2nd he hit 2--sort of.

Austin has not wanted to swallow pills.  He has aged out of the chewable tablets, so I have been encouraging him to try.  He one time let his Tylenol dissolve in the water and drank the water. He tried several things to get the pain reliever, but not have to swallow the pill.  After many encouraging words, and a lot of thought put into, he got it done!!  WOO HOO!!  We now know that he can do it! 

***********************************

Austin is 12, yet I was surprised when he came to me the evening of December 2nd and said, "I need to shave." 

"WHAT?!?" 

He thought it was time.  Mike and I pretty much left that alone, thinking it would pass.  However, as I walked down the hall a few minutes later, I could hear Mikes electric razor. 

It wasn't long that Austin walked out looking pleased as a peacock, and smelling of after shave. 

Needed or not, he had his first shave.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Shaving?? Oh my goodness! Through the years, I've kind of watched Austin, knowing that Josiah was following along behind him and would be doing what Austin does before too much more time went by. But I don't think I'm ready for shaving yet! :)

    I had a TERRIBLE time with swallowing pills when I was younger. Fortunately, my dad could find liquid versions of the medicine I needed, but I'm sure he was greatly relieved when I finally learned how to swallow pills (probably didn't really happen until I was in high school or college though!).

    ReplyDelete