Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Didn't Think They Were There...

Mike and I both have naturally curly hair.  When we were newly married, when we talked about our future children we thought certainly they would have the curliest hair--since both mom and dad have curly hair.

Austin's hair was never overly curly.  Adam had cute baby hair curls.  After Adam's first hair cut they never came back.  

I have looked at my boys baffled that they had this straight hair, yet Mike and I both have curly hair.  

Austin is going through a phase right now, wanting long hair.  It is driving me totally insane!!  I like short hair. It is cooler, and much easier to clean and cleaner looking.  But I continue to remind myself that if this is the worst rebellion he does, it's not that bad.  He is just at an age where he wants to express himself and this is where he chose for that to happen.

The other day, I was looking at Austin, and I found....

... The slightest hint of a curl at his ear.  I looked on the other side, and...

...sure enough there were more.

I never thought my boys had curly hair.  Maybe it was just that I never gave their hair a chance to get long enough to show the curls.  They may have been there all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment