Saturday, July 6, 2013

Camp

Austin was at camp this past week. He was in the same cabin that Adam was in the week before and he one of the same counselors that Adam had this year as well (Daniel).  The other counselor was the one that Adam just LOVED last year (Caamon).  

Austin went without a friend in his cabin.  The dates didn't work with anyone he asked.  So, to solve that problem, he said, "I'll just go meet new people."  There were a few people in his cabin that he already knew from other places, and some that he met new this week.  

I happened to be friends with the camp nurse this week.  She would send me little messages about him, letting me know that he is fine.  I even got a picture.  

Austin had a great week.  They hiked, swam, played captured the flag, and cooked over a fire.  They had devotions each day as a cabin, and had fireside each evening. 

I went to this camp when I was young.  It is so great to see my boys go and have such great experiences.   I love that when I pick the boys up from camp they are already making mental plans for camp the next year.  



I certainly do appreciate all that these young men.  Giving up their summer to work at a camp with little ones and be a guide and role model to them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment