Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Questions For Papaw

My boys ask some very interesting questions sometimes.  Some I can answer, some I cannot.  It thrills me when my boys ask me something that I cannot answer and I know exactly who to direct them to get the answer.  Most often it is Papaw (and sometimes Mamaw).

One day we were leaving my parents place and Adam asked, "How does a car use gas?"  Well, I know how to drive a car, I know how to put gas in a car, but beyond that--I just don't know.  I told him that was a good question for Papaw.  Adam had a nice conversation with my Dad about this, I'm still not sure what the answer is, but Adam was satisfied.

Last night, we were settling down to read when Austin asks, "How long does a chicken run around after it's head is cut off?"  Well, I know what a chicken is.  I know several ways to prepare it.  However, I do not know the answer to this question.  He was quickly advised to give Papaw a call.  Papaw said he would guess it would be about 5 seconds or so.

Ironically, these questions actually represent my children's personalities pretty accurately.

Thank you Papaw for all the wisdom you share with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment