Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Cousin

Yesterday, I was talking to the boys about cousins.  They asked me about my cousins.  I was explaining that My cousins on my Dad's side are all here locally (basically), and all the ones on my Mom's side are in Canada (basically).  Austin piped up and got really excited, he said, "I met one of your cousins!"  I was trying to think which of my local cousins he was talking about.  He said, "He has a beard......2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth."  I thought it was interesting was that he mentioned those features, rather than describe his hair or build.  I was about to ask him about this when he said, "oh, yeah, he lives in a pick up truck."

AHHHHH......I know who you are talking about!

He did not mention the hair because, well...he doesn't have any!

He doesn't exactly LIVE in a pick up truck.  My cousin, Rodney, was a truck driver several years ago.  He drove from Alberta to my parents house, and was able to attend Matt and Lana's wedding.  The boys were able to see his truck,  I guess it never occurred to them that he actually has a house somewhere.

Needless to say, whether he lives in a truck or not.  Rodney made an impression on my boys.

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to have Rodney and Candace here for a few days. I really never knew Rodney since we only visited just a few times, but he is a special nephew of mine. He really paid attention to the kids. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you send a link to this to Rodney? I think he would enjoy reading it. And I hate to say it, but they probably enjoyed that encounter with your cousin better than the other one that they see often (Teresa).

    ReplyDelete