Monday, June 25, 2012

Adam Went To Camp

I have known for a while that this week was coming.  I tried to prepare myself, but I still worried just a little. Adam went to camp.

Adam is my child who is a little more difficult to feed.  He has tendencies to sleep walk and talk.  Here I was getting ready to send him to 2 young men (who are not parents!) for 3 days and 2 nights!  

We dropped him off on Wednesday morning.  As it turned out I knew the mother of one of his counselors.  We grew up at the same church.  She was a few years older than me, closer to my sisters age, but I at least knew the family.

I thought about him A LOT during those 3 days and 2 nights!  I was anxious for Friday to come.  Our house seemed empty with him gone.

Friday came and we headed out to get him.  We got to camp a little early.  We parked, from our parking area we were able to watch the children play some relay games.  Adam didn't even know we were there. (Adam is the first in line behind his counselor Caamon)


 They looked like they were having so much fun.  I could tell that Adam had taken a liking to Caamon.  Caamon was very patient  with Adam as he hung close by or on him. 


Then it came time for the program.  They sang songs for us, and we got to see pictures of the week.  We got a picture of all of Adam's cabin mates.


An interesting side story.  The boys that is beside Adam, his name is Michael.  We came home from camp on Friday, Sunday evening we were in the house and the doorbell rang.  It was the neighbor behind us.  He said, "Am I right that you have a son named Adam?" Yes.  Then he said, "Let me clear up a rumor..."  Turns out Michael is his grandson.  He is staying with them this week.  So, Adam was able to play with him at camp last week, and at home this week.


I was able to get a picture of Adam with his counselors (Caamon on the left, and Jackson on the right) Noah is with them as well.  Noah and Adam were great friends in school last year.  They had the same teacher and became very close.  Noah's family goes to the same church we do.  It was very special that they were able to go to camp for the first time together.

Adam had a great week at camp.  He ate (I really had no reason to worry) and apparently he slept fine with no walking or talking.  I am glad he had these young men as his counselors.  They took very good care of him, and he has grown very fond of them.  I am so glad he had such a great experience.  He has already said he wants to go back next year.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that he had fun at camp. It is a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that he had fun at camp. It is a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete