Saturday, May 19, 2012

All City Strings Festival

This past week Austin had his All City Strings Festival.  


We have a local University that has a wonderful music program.  The have an agreement with our school system, that they will come and have an after school program where children can learn violin.  Our school system has 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school.  They all have children in this program.  At the end of the year, all the schools get together and play songs for family and friends.

This is the 2nd year that Austin has participated in violin through this program.He has made so much progress.  I am very proud of him!


All the children were to wear jeans, and a white shirt.  They let the children use a red bandana that evening.  They could wear it any way they wanted, just not over their face.  This is how Austin chose--would not have been my pick, but he needs to show his own personality! 
They did a wonderful job!  I love listening to them.

On the way home Austin said, "I really wish we didn't have to play so many slow songs, I like the fiddle songs!"  I thought--boy, your Papaw would love that!  I really hope he continues, I would love to see where he can go with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment