Sunday, May 27, 2012

Adam As Of Late

This Post is all about Adam.  I took some notes a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting about them.  Now, I have more to add to the post, so it's as good a time as any.

A while back I was driving home from my sisters house.  I don't remember all the circumstances, but Adam and I were the only ones in the car.  Adam was quiet for a few minutes, then out of the blue he asks, "How do robins find the worms?"  "Do they hear them?"    I replied, "I really don't know.  I don't think I have ever thought about that."  Then Adam asked, "Why are worms slow?"  I replied, "Well, they have to go through dirt, so they need to dig their way.  That would really slow them down."  Adam then asked, "Why are they slow on land then."  Stumped, I said, "Well, turtles and snails are slow, too." Then he quickly switched gears to ask, "Which are faster zebras for horses?"  At this I had to say, "really I have never thought of that, I'm not sure..."  Then he started to talk about plants and how they make their food.  I explained that this process was called photosynthesis.  He said, "I know that, but I want to know HOW they turn that into food."  I'm sitting at a stop light thinking, "he is WAY over my head!!" 

I have found through Adam that I take a lot of things at face value.  Adam helps me to see that things should be looked at from a different angle.  He helps me to see things in a different way!

************************************************

Adam showed me yesterday that he had a loose tooth.  It was not terribly loose, so I told it would probably be a few days or so until he lost this tooth.  He worked and worked on this tooth.  I checked it later in the day and he had really loosened it, but it was still not ready to come out.  After he brushed and flossed for bed, he showed me his mouth.

He had lost his tooth.  I was amazed that he got it out that fast.  My next thought was, "How is he going to eat the corn on the cob that I have in the fridge for tomorrow lunch?"  At lunch today he wanted to try to eat the corn on the cob.  However, it didn't take him long to say, this hurts my teeth (I'd guess so with only 2 teeth to eat with.) So, I cut it off for him.  Poor child, corn on the cob is one of his favorites, I guess it will be off the cob this year, and he can enjoy it on the cab next year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he soon will need a partial plate. Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete