Monday, February 13, 2012

Adam in Recent Days

The other night I was out for the evening. When I got home I checked my e-mail and found a message from a friend at church. She told me that she had asked Adam to take a message that she called but "he seemed a bit baffled" by this request. I e-mailed her back and decided it was good. The next day I was cleaning up some papers and found one that said, "arinhes" then a phone number. It was in Adam's hand writing so I asked who Arinhes was--thinking it was a friend from school. At first he said he had no idea. Then the light bulb went on and he said, "OH , she called yesterday and wanted you to call her back." Then it hit me--it was not Arinhes, it was Erin Hess. Thank you, Erin, you have provided Adam with the experience of his first phone message. Maybe next time I will recognize your name.

*******************************************

Adam has started this thing...sometimes it is almost cute. Sometimes it drives me up the wall. We will be looking at him and say, "Adam...." and we will proceed with our question. He will look at us and say, "who? me?" The other option to this scenario is that Adam is the only other person in the room. When asked a question, he still responds with, "who?me?" Sometimes I wonder if it is just habit. I only hope it is a passing phase, and it passes before I have to say, "yes, you" too many more times. :)

3 comments:

  1. Now that sounds just like Mike... Not sure how to put it in words but Mike responds similarly to that at times.
    Also, seeing he was on the computer so much this weekend I told him he needed to go to college for computers. Then when mine needs work on it he would know how to fix it and I would pay him a good amount of money. He thought for a while and then asked, "How much?"
    Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arinhes - that sounds like a Greek goddess or something. But it totally makes sense why he would write it that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me smile to read your stories of Adam and to look at those two handsome boys in your header! You are a good mama!
      Diane Burkholder

      Delete