Saturday, September 3, 2011

Catching Up

It has been a while since I posted. There has been quite a bit going on. I thought I would take time today to just say a few things that are in progress at our house.

Three weeks ago, Mike started back for work week. I had applied to several positions in the City school system. I hadn't heard anything. I had interviewed for one position, but did not get that position. I had decided that it was likely that I would work at the preschool again. Maybe, since that is only a part-time job, I could pick up some hours doing something else. I was thinking that I was ready to go back to work full-time.

Wednesday of that week I had breakfast with a lady from church. I had agreed to help with the Christmas program activities. We met in order to go over some details. While at breakfast, I got a phone call. It was from the City school board office. They were calling to offer me a position. (I had still been watching the job board and had not seen this one posted.) They wanted me to work as a preschool assistant. (that is actually what I was hoping for!) Of course, I accepted the position. I asked them when they wanted me to start working. He said he would check and call me back. He called me back at 9:30 and said, "Could you be there at 10?" "Sure!" I called my dad right away and asked, "Do you have any plans today? I just got a job and I need you to keep the boys until 3. Oh, and do you have plans the rest of the week? No? How about hanging out with some boys?"

That Sunday, the day before school started, Adam did not feel well. He was running a fever before church and complained of a stomach ache. He felt so bad that he could not walk upright, in fact he laid on the couch all curled up. I started to worry that it could be very serious. After church I went home to find him feeling better. However, that evening his fever went to 103.3! I was quite concerned. I called the "on call" pediatrician, I told him the symptoms. He said that there was something going around to give him fever reducer, and if the fever did not go down, take him to the ER. I was so glad to see his temp go to 101! He missed the first day of 2nd grade. Then Tuesday, I was having some trouble keeping his temp down. I took him to the Dr. I was thankful that I was able to see the Dr. that I talked to on Sunday evening. He came in the room to find Adam asleep on the table. The Dr. said, "I remember talking to you on Sunday evening. I have read what you told the nurse. I had in my mind what I was going to find when I came in this room. He is much sicker looking than I thought he would be!" He ran several tests (really I don't think he even told me all that he was testing for He m--he didn't want me to worry)Everything came back fine. He just had a REALLY bad virus! Adam missed the next day of school, then things started to turn around. He started school on Thursday.

School is going well for all of us. It has been an adjustment. In addition to all of these changes, we are trying to get things moved from one house to another. We were lucky enough to get early possession of the place, so moving and cleaning are in full gear. It is a busy time.

2 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to have a bigger house to move to, have a job and last but not least that Adam is better and both boys are back is school. Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job! I know that the kids will love you and that you will love the kids so very much. I am glad that it worked out for you to get this position when you finally decided that it was right to return full time. Such a God thing.

    ReplyDelete