Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Good-bye house

Mike and I bought our first home right before we got married 12 years ago. In the past 12 years we have had lots of memories form in this house. It served us well, but it was time to move on...


This was our living room. I remember bringing Austin home from the hospital and asking Mike, "what do we do with a baby?" Then when we brought Adam home at 2 days old, I asked Mike, "What do you do with a 2 day old baby?" I had barely held Austin at that point, I really did not know!


The hallway to the bedrooms and bathroom. What beautiful floors!


Austin's room.

This was the first time he was able to make choices like wall color. Orange would not have been my choice, but he liked it.

This was Adam's room.

This room was the nursery.

Mike drew and painted all the pictures.

Adam had been asking to repaint the room recently. I could not bring myself to do this


I loved this room. I will do a longer post on this room later.


Basement rec room. (Where we had our guest "room")

This was a great room to play in for the boys (Mike included). It was a great place for Mike and I to watch movies after the boys were in bed. Our "in home" date nights.


Our dining room.

Our kitchen. I prepared many meals in this kitchen. Some were GREAT, some were...not so great.


It was a nice kitchen.

Mike installed these cabinets for me when Adam was a few months old. They looked really close to the ones that were installed already. It was great to have the extra space.

We added this sign for the new owners.


We have many great" memories in this home. It was a wonderful home to start our family in. Now it is time to say, "Good-Bye." It is time for this house to be a great home for a new young family.

No comments:

Post a Comment