Saturday, June 27, 2015

14

WOW!!!  14....why does that number seem so big?  It is really only one more than 13, but it seem like this year it was a big jump for Austin from 13 to 14.


To celebrate his birthday he wanted to have 1 friend over.  He requested that they go to Taco Bell for supper (we  had VBS at church that week, so I was not there for supper--church commitments  :), so Mike took care of that...Thank you, Austin, for making it easy on me!)  Lukas spent the night.  They stayed up super late, had snacks, and laughed a lot.  These are the kind of birthday parties that I like!

Austin, you have been teaching me things since...well, before you were born.  When I went into pre-term labor, I learned that I should not have things mapped out all the time.  With kids, you have to learn how to go with the flow.  Every first you had growing up, I had that first too...as a parent.  I had to learn from you how to deal with all the things that you go through.  We go through it together!

There are so many things I love about you.  I love how you love to laugh.  I love your passion.  You have recently found that you love to go to the gym, and you have kept me accountable to going. You compliment my cooking  -even when it is not so good!  You are a joy to have as a son!  I love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment