Friday, November 7, 2014

Hat

Several years ago I heard about these looms you could buy and it was an easy way to "knit" a hat (since I am not talented in working 2 needles I thought this might be fun).  I went to our local craft store and found the looms.  There were 4 in the package, so I bought it thinking one day...

 I made a couple of baby hats and had a great time doing it, then I put the looms away.

Last winter we had a lot of snow.  Not just a lot, but A LOT of snow.  At one point Adam needed something to do.  I sat and thought...the looms!!!  So, I got them out and he started a hat.  Spring came and the hat did not get finished.  I tucked it away somewhere and did not think about it again.

Recently, I was working on a craft project.  Adam came to me and said, "mom, when can I learn to crochet?"  Well, I am ready to teach him any time he wants, but that moment did not work.  So, I thought about the looms again.  I pulled it out and he started right where he left off.

 He would work on it after school, and I think he even got some work done in the morning before school.  He was very dedicated and had fun doing this.

After several days, I looked at it and told him the good news.  "It's done!"  It is such a good feeling to complete a project!


I had to get a picture with the final product.  It is a loose knit, but it is made with love that will keep the head and ears warm.

I just may have him work on one for me next  :)

2 comments:

  1. Adam that hat looks good. Maybe your next project should be to learn to crochet. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete