Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Swim Team

I feel it is very important for my boys to learn to swim.  I said they needed to take lessons until the passed a certain level.  Austin passed this level when we took lessons in the fall.

This spring I got an idea!  I told Adam he could either take lessons OR he could join swim team.  Swim team meets every evening for about 2 months.  After we talked, we decided that he would probably make more progress with swim team than just 2 weeks of lessons.  So, I signed him up.

 They swim laps, work on different strokes, and in general have fun.

They have swim meets against other swim teams.  It's always fun to add a little competition!  Adam signed up for 1 race.  It was free style.  Little did I know that free style was one of the last events in the swim meets.  We were at the pool for close to 4 hours before he finally got to swim in his event!  He waited patiently (most of the time).  I have to admit, it did feel like a long 4 hours.  He was a good sport!
 
Our local pool just got a rock climbing wall.  Adam was so anxious to give it a try.  The swim team had a pool party.  PERFECT!!  Adam can try out the climbing wall....so he did!
 
He went right to the area where you wait for your turn...

Jumped right in and swam to the wall.....

 Made his way up the wall....
And gave a big thumbs up to show how he really feels about this wall!  :)

I have to say, I think Adam spent most of the evening right here at this wall.  He had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad he did swim team! It is so important to be a good swimmer. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete