Monday, June 23, 2014

Field Day

The last week of school there are so many fun activities that are planned for the kids.  This year Adam was at my school, so I was able to see him during some of these activities.

One thing they plan for the kids is Field Day.  They put several games/stations in the middle of the track and the kids rotate so they all get to play at all the stations.



 At one station they soaked fabric type balls in buckets of water and the kids could throw them at each other.  They didn't hurt because they were fabric, but the one getting hit by the ball would get wet.  Good thing it was a hot day!

Adam was wearing his glasses at this station.  As I walked by I could hear him getting frustrated that every time he got hit his glasses got wet.  I took his glasses since it was close to the end of the day anyhow.  He had a lot more fun after that  :)

When Adam moved to Stone Spring from Waterman he was a bit disappointed that he would not get to do what he had seen other 4th graders do.  However, I don't know of another school that does a field day quite like this.

I am so glad that I was able to see Adam this year, as we pass in the hall or say hi in the cafeteria.  I was really happy that he could participate in a fun day like field day.

No comments:

Post a Comment